How to Get a Bigger Buttocks with Exercise at Home | 9 Bum Exercises
Having a considerably bigger bum is a dream come true to almost every lady. It gives them confidence as well as boosting their self-esteem. But the bigger question here is, “Do bigger-butt exercises work?” The answer to this is, “YES, they work.” Remember, just like a bodybuilder can increase his body by working on his muscles, then you can also increase your bum by working on your glutes.
So, if you are wondering what the natural ways of increasing your butt are, then you should know that there are a ton of practical exercises for that. These exercises are essential in activating and strengthening your glutes. So, what you need is the right exercise, and you will be able to achieve booty gains and that definitive shape that you dearly grave for.
Therefore, in this article, I will show you how to get a bigger buttocks with exercise at home –Step-by-Step.
9 Practical Bum Exercises to Get a Bigger Bum
Most of these exercises doesn’t necessarily need a lot of gadgets or any gadget to work their magic. All it needs is hard work and consistency. So let’s start addressing how to do each exercise to increase buttocks and hips.
1. Bodyweight squat
This is definitely the most common, as well as the easiest exercise that helps increase your bum size. It involves one action only, and that is squats. You can do this exercise in three different ways. So, here is how to do it properly.
1st –Easy level
- Stand straight on your feet and keep your feet hip-width apart.
- Start bending your knees until your thighs and the ground are parallel to each other.
- Hold it there for a few seconds before returning to your starting position. NOTE: while bending your knees, you should use glutes, hamstrings, and hips to push your butt back, but not your quads. Also, ensure that your back is straight throughout the process.
- The final step is returning to your starting point, breath in, then repeat the process.
2nd Medium level
- Start by standing on your feet while keeping them shoulder-width apart.
- Breathe in, then squat until your thighs and ground are parallel to each other. Ensure that your back is straight or your chest pushed forward.
- Hold for a few seconds on that position, then hop up as high as possible until your feet are straight. And when landing, bend your knee to avoid any knee injury or pain. Then hop up again.
- You can do it 2-4 sets of 10 reps for effective exercise.
3rd Advanced/Hard level
- Stand on your feet and place your arms on your chest. Ensure that you keep your feet together.
- While standing, hope your feet wide and then drop a wide squat. Ensure that your thighs should always be parallel to the floor after bending your knees.
- Hold it on that position for a few seconds, return to the starting point, breathe in, and then repeat the exercise.
2. Hip Thrust
The hip thrust is one of the must-do exercises for everyone looking to increase her bum. You can do this exercise at home with or without resistant bands, and here is how to do hip thrust exercise.
- Start by supporting your upper back on your bench, bed or a coach. This allows your lower part of the body to be free since it will be located at the edge of the surface.
- Bend, or pull your knees towards your body to a point where the chest and the knees are in a straight line. Your feet should be below your knees.
- Keep your knees bent while you push up your hips from the ground (pushing through your heels). Find the right position or angle where your gluts are being worked on or working.
This exercise ensures that your butt is at an optimal angle that it works against gravity to influences glutes growth. Note: to activate your side glutes more; then you should try using a resistant band around your knees.
3. Calf Raise on Weighted Glute Bridge
In this bum exercise, you need to have a pair of dumbbells. They are essential because those dumbbells will act as resistance weight, which activates butt and hips muscles. So, let’s see how to do this exercise properly.
- Lie on your back with your entire body flat on the floor.
- Bend your knees such that your feet are below your knees and your feet being hip-width apart. After that, hold your pair of dumbbells on your hips, and this will be your starting position.
- Breathe in, and start raising your hips as high as possible. Remember to squeeze your glutes/butt while pushing your hips up.
- Hold on that position for a few seconds, then return to the starting position.
You can adjust the distance between your feet to be shoulder-width or even put your feet together while doing this exercise. This will add extra effectiveness to the exercise as well as making it more interesting.
4. Weighted Jump Squats
This is another weighted exercise that will require a pair of dumbbells. The good thing about this exercise is that it is effective and easy to do at home. And not only does it help you increase your butt, but also it increases your hips as well as keeping you fit. So, how is weighted Jump Squats exercise done?
- Start by standing straight, holding a dumbbell on your chest with both hands. Ensure that your feet are hip-width apart and toes pointed forward.
- Then start bending your knees while pushing your butt back until your thighs are parallel to the floor. While doing this, you should make sure that you keep your chest up and back flat.
- Hop up as high as possible
- Land softly – To do this, you should bend your knees while landing to absorb the impact. You will drop back into a squat position to begin the next-hop rep.
5. Walking pulse squat
This workout doesn’t need any equipment, thus making it an ideal butt exercise for those with no exercise gadgets at home. This exercise will involve two significant actions – walking and squatting.
Let’s now see how to do it!
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width or hip-width apart and your toes slightly facing outwards.
- While keeping your chest up and back straight, bend your knees and push your hips backward until your thighs are in a parallel position with the floor.
- Step forward with either right or left leg and slightly pulse up and down twice (2 inches’ pulse). Then step forward with your other leg and do the same.
- I recommend that you do 3 sets of 20 reps each for an effective workout.
6. Fire Hydrant Exercise
This is another simple to do butt exercise that can be of great importance to you. This exercise involves a few steps that can be done anywhere and at any time. So, here are the steps to achieving better results with fire hydrant bum exercises.
- Start by setting your body in a table position, with your thighs placed together, back flat, and your chest out. Setting yourself in this position will ensure that the main muscles working will be glutes and hamstring.
- Keeping your leg bent at a 90-degree angle, lift it up (sideway not backward) from the floor until it is about parallel to the floor. Hold it for a few seconds before returning to the starting position. Ensure that you are using your glutes and hamstring muscles to do the lifting.
- Try doing 3 sets of 20 reps.
7. Side Leg Lifts Bum Workout
- Start by putting your body in a plank/table position and ensure that your knees or leg is 90 degrees from the ground.
- While in that position, lift your one leg up the
- n outwards while keeping your leg as straight as you can. The up and down lifting should be from the sideways, not from the back of your body.
- I recommended that you do it 7 or 8 times per leg. Also, you should ensure that your back is flat, and chest pushed outside while doing this bum exercise.
The difference between side leg lifts and the fire hydrant is that in side-leg-lifts, your leg is extended or straight while lifting it. But in a fire hydrant, your knees are bent.
8. Bulgarian Split Squat
If you have a pair of dumbbells at home, then you can try this exercise too. It is a simple and effective butt exercise.
- While holding a pair of dumbbells on your sides, stand straight with your back to a bench, bed, or box.
- Lift and extend one leg towards the bench behind you. Such that the toe is lying on top of the chair.
- Keeping your back straight, chest up and core engaged, and then gently lower your body until one of your thighs is parallel to the ground.
- Hold on for a few seconds, then push yourself up using the leg that is rooted to the ground. Make sure that you do the same amount of reps on each leg.
This bum workout considerably one of the most effective bum exercises. This is simply because it activates both thigh and butt muscles, thus increases their sizes. The other thing is that you can do the split squats without any weights and still get better results.
9. Frog Pump Exercise
This exercise also requires zero exercise equipment. The fact is, you will need more reps to really feel its impact on your glutes. Otherwise, this exercise is useful, and this is how you should do it.
- Lie straight on you back with your arms lying straight on the sides. Then bend your knees such that your toes are placed where your knees should be resting.
- After that, you can open your legs outwards while keeping your toes locked to each other (toes to toes).
- Squeeze your glutes and lift your body as high as you can. You should try to raise your body until your entire body is in a straight line (from knees to the neck).
- To activate your glutes more, you should try bringing your toes closer to your butt or pushing your heels together.
This exercise is the best when you want to target glutes more without any equipment. And more importantly, it works on your core.
Now you know what exercises lift your buttocks, so, which one of these do you prefer, and why do you prefer it?