What Muscles Does The Bowflex Max Trainer Work?
Having a busy work schedule accompanied by other craziness of these day’s life can easily deprive you of some gym hours. Nowadays everybody is chasing a big cheque, new business ventures and other roles that may come at the expense of your health and weight. And focusing too much on these roles means you may end up having health issues. If you are relating to this, then you are not alone since I have once been in the same mess.Trust me, it only takes a few months to gain a significant amount of weight that may ruin your health; thus, you should always be careful.
Before I ran into an online Bowflex max trainer commercial that changed my life, I had started struggling both health-wise and weight. But with the aid of the Bowflex max trainer workout program, I was able to bring balance between my busy schedule and my fitness life. It is a simple and efficient way and anyone can achieve this too.You should note that this trainer engages more upper body muscles than what elliptical does.
So, in this article, we will address the question, “What muscles does the bowflex max trainer work?” And more other essential facts that are of great benefit to you, so keep reading.
Bowflex Max Trainer: The Key to Full Body Cardio Workouts
Before answering the question, “What muscles does the bowflex max trainer work?” There are things you need to ask yourself when using this trainer. For example, “are my muscles being engaged?” “Am I sweating?” “does it get my heart rate up?”“Do I feel tired?” All these questions are the basis of answering the bigger problem, what muscles does the bowflex max trainer work?
The first and essential thing to note when using this trainer is understanding the exact duration that will help you get significant results. Whether it is 15, 20, 30 minutes or more maintain it. And ensure that you keep increasing by a few minutes every week not to get used to it and for maximum results.
That said, let’s have a look at groups of muscles that bowflex max trainer workout–from your hands to your legs. And more importantly, how does it happen.
Hands (Arms) Muscles
Weightlifting is not the only way of exercising your arms; bowflex max trainer has its unique way too. So, whether you intend to tone some of your arm muscles or to bulk up your arms, this trainer can help you do that in a cardio-safe way. This machine can give your hand muscles a surprisingly effective workout.
The handlebars in this machine help you engage your muscles arms efficiently and effectively. As you know, there are several major muscle groups in your arm, that is biceps, triceps, deltoid, flexors, and extensors. All these muscles are involved during the back and forward handlebars movement. Biceps get involved when in a pulling back action while triceps get a workout when pushing the handlebars. Each of the other muscles also get involved in either of the action without leaving out your wrist muscles too.
Exercising your core muscles is crucial if you intend to improve your fitness levels and endurance. With strong core muscles, you can handle a long workout session with ease. Therefore, if you have less strong core muscles and you wish to improve them, then Max trainer is an excellent way to accomplish that.
Your core consists of several groups of muscles that are worked on through both pedaling and handlebars movements. The muscles include:
- Transverse abdominis –It is the deepest abdominal muscle group located under obliques. It wraps around your spinal, thus offering stability and protection to your spinal.
- External abdominal oblique –This muscle group is located in the front of the abdomen but on the side parts, not central of your core.
- Internal abdominal oblique –They run in the opposite direction as eternal abdominal oblique does and are located below them too.
- Rectus abdominis –If you know “six-pack,” then yes, this is the one. This is the well-known abdominal muscles located along the front of the abdomen.
Making your legs appear the way you like or want is usually the hardest thing. To achieve that, you will need a professional trainer and 1 or 2 legs days on your weekly gym calendar. But will you believe it if I tell you that you can also achieve impressive results through max trainer workout? Yes, it’s real, you can.
So, what groups of legs muscles do Bowflex Max Trainer workout? –Max trainer works on almost all, if not all, the legs muscles. These muscles groups include:
- Hamstring muscles –They are a group of muscles located on the backside of your thigh. They are worked on through downwards pedaling motion in a max trainer.
- Gluteus –These is a group of muscles that makes up your buttocks. It consists of three muscle groups–the gluteus maximus, gluteus minimus, and gluteus medius. They also get involved during downward pedals push while pedaling a max trainer. This motion re-samples the climbing staircase.
- Quads –These is another major muscle group located in front of your thighs. They get involved during the upwards movement in the pedaling process of max trainer workout.
- Abductors and Adductors –These are smaller muscle groups located on the upper sides of your thighs. Adductors are inside but top side of your thighs while abductors are outside/ sideways of your thighs. Each muscle group gets involved in either of the motion (upwards or downwards motion).
- Gastrocnemius and soleus– These are another group of muscles located bellow your need at the backside of your leg. Max trainer workout also these muscles when during the downward pushing motion.
The above muscles are not the only muscles worked on by max trainer. This is because the bowflex max trainer workout gets your entire body engaged. Other body’s major muscles involved include:
- Shoulder muscles –which involves teres (teres minor and major), deltoid, serratus anterior, trapezius, levator scapulae, infraspinatus, etc.
- Back muscles–which include latissimus dorsi, trapezius, rhomboid minor, and rhomboid major.
Overall, bowflex max trainer workout can help you keep your fitness levels up without affecting your daily routine. A 10 to 20 minutes’ exercise can help achieve impressive results (like losing a significant amount of weight and bulking up muscles). Therefore, you should keep healthy by using a cardio-safe bowflex max trainer workout machine.